Tuesday 31 October 2017

Review: American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Title: American Gods
Author: Neil Gaiman
Published: June 19th 2001
Date Read: July 19th – 28th 2017
Read In: German

Locked behind bars for three years, Shadow did his time, quietly waiting for the day when he could return to Eagle Point, Indiana. A man no longer scared of what tomorrow might bring, all he wanted was to be with Laura, the wife he deeply loved, and start a new life.

But just days before his release, Laura and Shadow's best friend are killed in an accident. With his life in pieces and nothing to keep him tethered, Shadow accepts a job from a beguiling stranger he meets on the way home, an enigmatic man who calls himself Mr. Wednesday. A trickster and a rogue, Wednesday seems to know more about Shadow than Shadow does himself.

Life as Wednesday's bodyguard, driver, and errand boy is far more interesting and dangerous than Shadow ever imagined. Soon Shadow learns that the past never dies...and that beneath the placid surface of everyday life a storm is brewing – an epic war for the very soul of America – and that he is standing squarely in its path.



This year I was at Comic Con Germany and Ricky Whittle & Demore Barnes were there for American Gods. I haven't watched the tv series until then, but I knew Ricky Whittle from The 100 so I went to see them. They were really funny and made me want to read the book and then watch the tv series. So when I was home again, I ordered the book. When it arrived, I almost immediately started reading it. I always liked Neil Gaiman and it's actually amazing to see what his mind is like when he writes a book. I didn't know much about American Gods when I started reading it, and I really liked this book. I watched the tv series after I've finished the book and it's a little bit different but still amazing.







No comments:

Post a Comment